Saturday, February 9, 2013

Robby's first trip to the dentist!

I'm not sure if all pediatricians are the same, but Robby's dr has wanted him to go see the dentist since his first birthday.  But shortly after his first birthday a little something called Charlie happened and I completely forgot that I needed to get Robby to the dentist.  So, of course at his two year appointment it was brought up that he really needed to go to the dentist.  I finally made him an appointment for him and we went Tuesday after I picked him up from Mothers Day Out.  I made a tad bit of a mistake by scheduling it right smack dab in the middle of nap time, but oh well!  He did really well once the dentist actually got started.  He loves brushing his teeth so I didn't imagine he would do poorly with her brushing them.  She told us that he has an extra tooth, which we kind of wondered about since all his teeth were in and another one came in and pushed his two front teeth closer together.  She said it might have to be pulled later after his permanent teeth come in if that one doesn't fall out.  We will just have to see what happens.  Other than that, his teeth look great and we are now switching to a toothpaste with fluoride in it since he's big enough.  I was very proud of how well he did...after he stopped hiding his face from the camera!  :-)




No comments: