Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birthday Keepsake

I saw a pin on Pinterest for how to save all of your child's birthday cards. They took a 3 rings, punched holes in the cards and put the cards in so you could read them almost like a book. I liked the idea but didn't like that the holes would punch out some of the writing in the cards. I also wanted to save some of the decorations from the party, like the banner, "streamers", invitation and the door hanging. So here is what I came up with.  I might put some white paper in each sleeve to make it look less messy. But it's more just to have rather than being a pretty scrapbook. (I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to turn my pictures for some reason!)
































I am trying to decide if I want to put a picture of Robby opening the corresponding gift with card or not. I would love to keep one of these for every year! I might just make a paperback photo book on Shutterfly from his birthday and out that in the binder with everything else.

1 comment:

Catie said...

Great idea! I need to do this for Gus too!