Monday, September 20, 2010

Pecan Pie Muffins

If there is one thing that we love around here, it's pecan pie (but really there are way more than just one thing we love...)  So when I saw this recipe over on Pioneer Woman's cooking blog last week, I knew I had to give them a go!

Pecan Pie Muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans (I used chopped)
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup softened butter (I actually used melted because that's how PW showed it in her pictures and I'm not one to argue with PW's cooking pictures)

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
Mix eggs and butter in separate bowl.
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix gently until blended.
Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
I always find it more fun when I have a sweet helper at my feet:
As soon as I got these out of the oven, I put a little bit of butter on the one I knew I was soon going to devour and by the time it was ready it had melted beautifully!  Soooo good and extremely easy!!
(I'm not the neatest when it comes to getting all the batter into the cups, thus my messy muffin tin!)

Enjoy!

No comments: