Wednesday, September 29, 2010

23 weeks (Finally!)

I'm sorry I haven't posted this sooner.  I had the picture all ready to go, I just didn't get the rest done until now.  Sorry sorry sorry!!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: 8.5 inches, 1.5 pounds, about the size of an ear of corn!
Maternity Clothes: All my pants that I wear out are maternity.  I still wear my regular lounge pants and things.  I'm still wearing my regular shirts for now, but I'm on the lookout for some cute maternity sweaters for the winter time.  I'm also having to get a couple pair of new shoes because none of my other ones fit :-(
Gender: sweet, active baby boy!
Movement:  TONS of movement!  He had been breach up until last week, then I felt him kicking on one side and pushing on the other so I figured out he was sideways.  After my appointment yesterday, my dr said he has flipped and is head down.  Now, if he will just stay that way, we will be good to go!!
Sleep: I'm kind of getting uncomfortable sleeping on my side because I like to pull my knees up close to my chest when I'm on my side (odd, I know), well obviously I can't do that anymore.  Anytime I move my lower body while I'm on my side it makes me feel like I have heartburn.  I think it's just pushing the baby up but it's very uncomfortable.  I would prefer to just sleep on my back, but I know that's a no-no.  I'm so comfortable on my back though!!
Symptoms: My lower back is hurting fairly often and my heels hurt really badly when I've been on my feet for a while.  Also, I physically can bend down, but it hurts (kind of like heartburn) when I do.  So it's kind of frustrating to figure out how to pick something up or when I'm trying to get up from a cushy chair or couch.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Pretty much everything sounds good to me right now!  
What I am looking forward to:  We are going to JBU Homecoming next week and are looking forward to seeing our friends.  I am having a baby shower here in town in a few weeks and we have family that is coming in for that.  Also, we are going on our babymoon at the end of the month to Angel Fire, NM.  Thankfully, the trip will be practically free since we are using Tim's boss's cabin there.  It should be fun!

1 comment:

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

I know every dr is different, but I had the hardest time being comfortable on my side, too, but was afraid to sleep on my back. I finally asked my dr. about it and she said that while the reasoning behind not sleeping on your back is true, you body WILL let you know if/when you need to move. So, after that I started sleeping on my back and got much better sleep. I'm sure you get a lot of unsolicited advice so I apologize for jumping on the bandwagon here. :)