Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ultrasound pictures

We had our first ultrasound when I was about 8 1/2 weeks along. Little weiglet's heart rate was 168 and that little booger was moving all over the place! We have an active one, that's for sure! We could very clearly see that it was a baby (it wasn't anything like Rachel's experience of not being able to find it on the screen!) and looked like a little gummy bear with little nubs for arms and legs. Just the most precious thing we have ever seen. Of course I just cried the whole time! I had prepared myself that we would go in there and they would say, "Well, there isn't a baby in there" so when the technician found our baby so quickly and we watched the heart flicker it was overwhelming!

I feel so incredibly blessed that God has chosen me to carry this precious child. I am humbled to think of the job God has given me and I pray Tim and I are the best possible parents for this baby. We are very excited about this adventure and look forward to all the milestones that are in our near future!

(Please forgive the quality of the pictures of the ultrasounds. I couldn't scan them, so I took a picture of the u/s pictures we had.)


Proud Daddy!

Excited Mommy!


2 comments:

Rebecca May said...

Hey girl, congratulations! That must be so exciting for you and Tim! My sister-in-law and brother had to wait a while to tell us the first time, and THEN they said we couldn't tell anyone until 12 weeks! Argh! But they just had their second, and it's such a joy to see them add to their little family!

In January I moved from KS to Austin and am totally loving it. I heard y'all are in San Antonio now? I've told Mandy she needs to come visit down here someday. Well congrats again and hope all is well! :)

-Reb

Liz said...

Congratulations girl!! You are gonna be a GREAT momma. Love your little baby bump. :-) Enjoy your pregnancy, it is a fun and crazy journey. Can't wait to hear how things go for you. May the Lord continue to bless your little family.