Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mama just needed a little break!

This past Saturday, I had a bit of a breakdown.  I was exhausted and truly just tired of being needed.  I needed a little bit of time just to myself.  I was at the point that just a leisurely trip to the grocery store by myself wasn't going to cut it.  I needed silence and sleep.

So Sunday after church, Tim checked me in to a hotel about 45 minutes away from home and I got to have a 24 hour getaway by myself!  I went to my room and was greeted with this in the bathroom:

I changed in to my swimsuit and headed down to the pool.  I laid out for about 2 hours.  During that time, I fell asleep at least twice!  It was amazing!

After that, I showered, did a face mask, plucked my eyebrows, and tried new hairstyles I had seen on Pinterest.  I ate sushi for dinner and went to bed at 7:30!  

I woke up about 9 the next morning, ate breakfast, got ready then began heading back home.  It was wonderful to get several more hours of sleep, spend a little extra time getting ready, and do everything at a leisurely pace without anyone tugging on me!  

Tim said he could tell a difference as soon as I walked in the door.  I could definitely tell that i was refreshed and could handle the things that normally stressed me out with a little more grace and patience!  

I told him that I might need to do something like that every 6 weeks or so.  After all, for the price of an "Oh, I just need a few things" trip to Target, I got an experience that is allowing me to be a better, more attentive mom and wife!  I definitely recommend a night away for all of you tired, frustrated mommies!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I totally love this! It's so true--when you have little ones so close together in age, they truly need you for EVERYTHING. It is constant. And constant is exhausting.

Laying out by the pool without worrying about little ones in the water is indescribably rejuvenating, seriously! I'm so glad you enjoyed some time alone!

Catie said...

I love the picture of you in your mask!!!! Glad you got some rest :)