Saturday, July 14, 2012

18 months!

My sweet little man, you are a year and a half old!!!  How did that happen??

You are so smart (or at least, we think you are!).  You love your puzzles and are a whiz at putting them together.  Blocks are another of your favorite toys.  You like to stack the single blocks together, double blocks together, and so on.  I have no idea where you get your particularity from!!  :-)  You like to figure out how things go together and keep me on my toes with what you reach and get off of countertops and tables!

You are finally getting more cuddly.  When you wake up in the morning or from naps, you want me to hold you for a little while, give me kisses, and love on me.  Anytime I'm on the floor, you like to back up and sit in my lap.  It always puts a smile on my face when you do that!  You adore your little brother.  He is your "bebe" and you always want to know where he is.  If he's sleeping, you knock on the door and call out for him.  You get down on the blanket on the floor and play with him.  If he's in his exersaucer, you are right there with him playing with all the gadgets.  You give him kisses all the time.  It is seriously the most precious thing I've seen.  I can't get enough of them, let me tell ya!

This past month has been the month of teeth for you!  You have cut every tooth except for your 2 year molars.  Your smile looks so different now!  Thankfully, you are a great teether and the only symptom we see are more poopy diapers and rash.  But you don't get overly fussy or lose sleep.  We are very thankful for that!

You are saying so many words!  We just went to visit the Hawvers and you started saying "Gus".  Gus calls his daddy "da" and by the second day, you were calling Josh "da" also!  You have said "Charlie" several times.  We are constantly surprised by what words come out of your mouth.  When you are hungry, you go to the pantry door, knock on it, and say "nack?".  When you want something else you say "more".  We are working on getting you to say "please" since you are very good about saying "tank you".  You know several animals and animal sounds.  I was surprised when you suddenly started saying them last week.  It was like you listened forever to what I was saying and decided you all of the sudden wanted to say them!  You can say "LaLa" (my mom) and "Pa" (my dad).  You LOVE your shoes and talk about them all the time.  We got you some new shoes last week and one morning, they were on your changing table, so when you woke up, you just kept saying "shoes, shoes, shoes" until I put them on you!  And you go to the door when you are ready to leave and say "go"!  You call diapers "di" and can say "wipes".  You also try to say "hungry", "oranges", and "water".  When a song you like comes on, you sing by saying "da da da" over and over again.  It's pretty cute!

You are my sweet, curious, loving, cute big boy!  I'm so thankful that I'm your mommy and you're growing so big and strong!

I love you, sweet little man!

1 comment:

Catie said...

I can't believe he's 18 months, such a growing sweet boy