Monday, November 21, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Saturday night I saw this recipe and mid day Sunday decided I wanted to make it.  We were out already, so I sent Tim into the grocery store to grab the ingredients I knew we didn't have.  I told him to get the canned ingredients because I just envisioned myself dumping it all in a bowl and the soup being ready in 30 minutes without much prep work.  He came out with fresh everything except for the black beans.  We got home and he just jumped into the kitchen and started chopping and prepping everything.  He ended up making the entire thing on his own and it was delicious!  I know it would be good exactly the way the recipe is, but with the fresh ingredients, it was excellent!  The tortilla chips we used were extra thin and I didn't use quite as many as it called for, we just added them on top while we were eating.  Also, Tim just chopped up the avocado instead of pureeing it.  It was nice to have the chunks of avocado in there.  I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: