Thursday, August 26, 2010

Emotions

Do you ever wish you could bottle your emotion at a particluar time so you could go back later and experience it over again?  Specifically, the times when you get all light headed and can't determine if this event is actually happening or if you are about to wake up from a dream?  I felt that way when Tim got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.  I felt that way when we drove off after our wedding and looked over to see my "husband" driving us into the great unknown.  I felt that way when I saw that second faint line while Tim was out of town.  I felt that way when we heard the heartbeat of this precious baby for the first time.  And I felt that way when the technician said, "Well, you're having a boy".  I love that feeling.  I'm sure I will have that feeling many more times in my life and it feels so new and surreal every single time.

I feel incredibly blessed that we are now able to plan more specifically and buy clothes for sweet little Robby.  I now have a picture of what I think our lives will be like in the next 6 or so months.  God is so good to us and He proves Himself over and over again.  He has chosen me, this ditzy, forgetful, loud girl to carry what I believe is the most prized possesion in the world.  He has chosen me, this emotional, insecure, scared woman to be a mother.  Me.  He chose me.  I'm in awe of what He is doing in my life right now and how it is absolutely changing everything I have thought and planned for us. 

And I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be an awesome mamma! :D
PS- Your post made me cry. AGAIN.
Stop making me cry.
Darlene