Monday, August 9, 2010

16 weeks

I took a couple of pictures this weekend for my 16 week picture. Little Weiglet is the size of a turnip, but our grocery store didn't have any turnips, so these pics will just have to do. But baby is about 5 inches long and weighs in at a whopping 5 oz!

(A little disclaimer: I've never eaten, used, or seen in real life a turnip, so it is very possible that our grocery store had some, but they weren't listed on the little overhead signs above all the vegetables, leading me to believe they didn't have them!)

This was Saturday. I thought I looked bigger in the mirror, but once Tim took the picture and I looked at it, I realized it just looks like I'm pushing out my stomach!

I'm wearing my first pair of maternity jeans in this picture. I told Tim I may never wear regular jeans again. Can we say comfortable?! Wow, was I impressed!!

This weekend we had some of our friends in town and they stayed with us. They live almost 2 hours away and had a wedding to go to in Dallas on Saturday. So they drove to our house Friday night, flew to Dallas on Saturday morning and flew back Sunday morning. They had some appointments today in town so they spent the night last night, too. It was fun to have friends stay with us. If I am remembering correctly, we have only ever hosted family, never friends. So it was really fun. (*hint hint* to any of our other friends that would want to come out and visit!!). They just recently moved out of Amarillo so they knew what is here (or, rather, what is not here!) so we just did things we would have done anyways. Went to Sam's, looked at cars, killed some time at Barnes and Noble and went and checked stuff out at Babies R Us. The fun thing is that they are pregnant, too! They are about 7 weeks or so behind us, so it's fun to have another couple to talk about these things. Actually I think she and I talked about babies and baby stuff, the boys just talked about work and other boy things! Haha! We decided that every time we get together, we are going to take belly pictures! I thought it would be fun to look back on them and see how we grew. Plus, it will be fun for our kids to know they were friends even when they were in the bellies!! We have another couple friend that all of us are friends with who are pregnant and both of the other girls are due about the same time. They live in Dallas, so I think we are going to have to make some trips out there so we can all get together! How fun would that be?!

Here is our picture from this weekend. Catie is 9 weeks and I'm 16 weeks.
(Another disclaimer: we had just eaten a large meal, so it's possible that those bumps aren't all baby, but maybe some chips and salsa, too!)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: