Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This, That, and the Other!

I feel like it's been forever since I've done a real blog post!  It's only been about a week but it seems like longer!  I was doing well writing some and scheduling them to post each day, but the end of my week last week got a little out of control.  I don't have anything specific to talk about, just a hodgepodge of things, so I might just do some bulletpoints.

-Robby is loving being all over the place.  I close the doors to our bedroom and the hall bathroom and let him crawl all around and go in his room to "explore".  He loves it!  I go in and check on him about every 2 minutes or so and make sure he's doing ok.  I've taken everything out of his reach that he could choke on or could hurt him.  He likes to take his little buckets down from his changing table and dump them out to go through everything.

-Speaking of that, he's really into dumping things out of baskets or buckets.  Folding laundry is super fun around here now, not to mention takes three times as long with a sweet little helper!  I have an extra laundry basket that I put some of his toys in for him to dump out and play with in the living room.  He's so funny to watch and discover new things.

-He's dealing with some allergy or sinus issues today.  He had a bit of a rough night last night and I think that's why.  After talking to a few of the moms from my moms club here, I decided to just let him cry it out when he wakes up in the night instead of going in immediately with a bottle.  His feedings have begun to be earlier and earlier.  For the longest time it was 5-5:30, but lately it has been as early as 2.  Thanks to some encouragement and shared experiences, I have a plan to get him back to needing his first feeding at 5ish and eventually getting rid of that feeding all together.

-Friday I helped prep for a yard sale benefitting some local charities here.  It was fun to get together with the other ladies and get to know them better.  I was there from about 6-10 that evening and got up at 5 to help with the actual sale on Saturday.  I was there until almost noon when I started to realize I probably was starting to over do it a bit.  I tend to forget that I need to take it easy.  I'm feeling the aches and pains of pregnancy much earlier this time.  I don't know if that is simply because it's my second or if it's because this second one is so soon after my first.  When we were starting to pull things out for the sale on Saturday morning, it suddenly started down pouring!  The sale was supposed to start at 8 but we knew people would start showing up at 7, which is why we planned to get stuff started at 6.  It didn't stop raining completely until close to 8, but that didn't stop people.  We had people come by at 6:30 in the pouring rain, asking to go through the things!  Although it was a long day and a lot of work, the sale raised over $1300 for the charities!  Pretty impressive for a sale where we were practically giving things away around 9am!

-Tim had yesterday off for Columbus Day.  It was so nice to spend the day together.  We had a gift card to Chili's so we went had lunch out.  We don't usually do that, so it was nice!  If we grab lunch, it's usually fast food that we grab to eat in the car or something.  What also made it nice was just getting to eat out together.  When we were in Amarillo and he was working retail, we ate out A LOT!  Whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted.  It has been quite an adjustment to not be able to eat out like that.  It's good because I'm getting creative with recipes again, but I still miss the freedom of being able to just go out to dinner whenever we want.  This past month, we had to cut eating out from our budget completely.  We agreed that if we wanted to use our own personal allowance on a meal out, that was fine, but it could not be debited or come out of our grocery food money.  I think we only spent about $25 the whole month on food that wasn't groceries.  We would usually share something if we were going to grab a meal.  There's a burger place here who has a combo with a burger and a hot dog, fries, and a drink.  We got that and Tim ate the hot dog and a little of the burger, I ate most of the burger, we split the fries and Tim had the drink.  We ended up having our Sunday lunch for about $7.50!  Another time we went out we had a groupon, so we pretty much just had to pay for the tip out of pocket.  Hopefully in the next few months, we can get our budget back under control and have a little more eating out freedom, but for the time being we are trying to do without it as much as possible.

-Tomorrow is the big day!  We get to find out if our sweet little Weiglet #2 is healthy and growing properly, and HOPEFULLY, find out if we're having an Abigail Lauren or a Charles Edward!  I thought I would be super anxious and ready to find out.  While I am definitely excited, my mind keeps going to wanting to make sure the baby is healthy and the organs look good.  If we don't find out, it's not the end of the world.

-I made these cookies on Sunday evening.  They are incredible!  I am not a fan of pumpkin and chocolate chips, but the white chocolate with the pumpkin was amazing!!  They might be might be my new favorite pumpkin baked good!  Mmmm!  You have to try them.

-Robby said "baby" today!  He's been mimicking some different sounds and actions we've done, so I decided to see if he would repeat some words for me.  He usually says words, but won't necessarily repeat them for us.  Today I looked at him and said "baby" and he looked back at me and said "baaabbby"!  Oh it was so precious.  I'm working on getting it on video.  But we all know how that usually goes!!

I hope you are all doing well and had a great weekend and start to your week.  I'm going to do my 19 week pregnancy highlight post tomorrow after we have our appointment!

No comments: