Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 2

You know what's super fun?  Your son pooping in his bath when you are rushing around to get him ready for an appointment that is in 30 minutes!  It's my own fault for not bathing him last night, but he fell asleep at 7 (which never happens!) and I thought he would wake up and I would bathe him then.  But he didn't wake up until 4:30 this morning!  Then he fell back asleep until 7:15 when I had to wake him up to get him ready.  I wouldn't have bathed him except it had been almost 3 days since his last bath and we were going to his doctor's appointment so I didn't want them to think he was neglected!  :-)  Anyway, I didn't give him enough time from the time he woke up to the time he took the bath to get his business done, so of course he did it in the tub.  So he's screaming and wet, I'm holding him and trying to dump the bath water in the kitchen sink (where we bathe him).  It was quite the adventure!  But we got it done and still made it to the appointment on time!

Today we had his 2 month appointment, even though it's a few days early, because we won't be here on his two month mark.  This appointment meant the dreaded vaccinations.  

[Side note: I walked into the dr's office and was signing Robby in when I looked up at the receptionist and she had a smudge of something on her face.  She was on the phone so I was going to wait until she hung up to let her know so she could wipe it off.  Then I looked around the office and almost everyone there had something on their forehead.  I looked closer and realized it was a cross, then I remembered today was the first day of Lent!  I'm really glad I didn't embarrass myself!!]

This is mommy putting on a brave face to make sure he wouldn't worry:
This is how mommy really felt:
This was Robby's reaction:
He had no idea what was coming and he just slept peacefully while we waited.
This is right after the shots:
The nurses let me step out while they gave the shots.  I was glad because I didn't want to see him hurting.  He just cried a little bit but then they gave him monkey and he was just great!  Our pediatrician is wonderful.  I'm sad she won't get to be our doctor anymore.  He is right on target with development and she said he is just perfect.  I told her we thought so, too!  :-)  He weighed 12 1/2 pounds (75th percentile) and is 22 1/2 inches long (50th percentile).

After his appointment, we had the oil changed in my car, got a few things from Target, bought him a mattress from Babies R Us for his new crib, and went to the mall so I could get a few things with the giftcards I received for my birthday.  After all that, we went to see a friend and her new baby.  Unfortunately, that was right at the time that he started not feeling well from the shots.  He screamed and cried almost the whole time we were there.  So I didn't stay too long.  That was the beginning of our afternoon, and he was like that until about 2 hours ago.  Bless his heart.  Here are a few pictures from when he wasn't crying.
Here he is after he started feeling better.  Thankfully, he let me put him in his swing so I could unplug things and organize some cords.

And here is Tim's video for the day:
I love you!

Hopefully, I will be awakened in the middle of the night with the announcement that baby Gus has been born!  I will have some pictures of him tomorrow!

No comments: