Monday, March 7, 2011

The beginning of a long month...

This morning, Tim left for officer training in Montgomery, AL.  He will be gone until April 8.  While we will miss him like crazy, we are very proud of him and know he's going to do a great job!  Since Tim won't be able to have his phone with him during the days, I told him I would make a blog post a day to keep him up with what Robby is doing and post some pictures.


As weird as it sounds, I felt like today was as emotionally hard as giving birth without an epidural was physically hard.  Does that make sense?  Seeing Tim walk away from us made me feel like my heart was literally being taken away from me.  I know it was equally as difficult for Tim, but he's going to be busy meeting new people and going to school.

Today after we dropped off Tim at the airport, we took Annie to the vet AGAIN because of some complications from a surgery she had last Monday.  I kind of broke down talking to the dr and asked if they could just keep her because it was just too overwhelming to care for her, especially by myself.  I haven't slept in over 3 days and just needed them to take care of her.

After that, we ran a couple more errands then came home and took a nap.  A 2 1/2 hour nap with my baby boy asleep on my chest.  It was amazing.  I was exhausted, physically and emotionally, and it was just the perfect way to cure that!

Then Uncle Josh and Aunt Catie came by to spend some time with us.  Catie is being induced tomorrow, so Gus should be here sometime Wednesday.  We are so incredibly excited for them.  I'm glad I'm still here when he arrives. (I definitely didn't do very well getting good pictures of them with Robby today, sorry about that, guys!)

Other than that, we have played in the bouncy seat and on his play mat (and by "we", I mean Robby!).  We have also snuggled a large amount.  I needed extra Robby love today and he was happy to provide that for me!
I'm ending this with a video for daddy.  Do yourself a favor and mute your speakers.  Robby has started smiling just by seeing me smile or by things I say rather than just when we tickle his face, so I was telling him that daddy had just said that he loved him and missed him and Robby started smiling.  It was precious!  By the time I grabbed the camera to capture it, he wasn't doing it quite as much but I still got a few smiles and smirks!


Tim, I love you so much and already miss you like crazy, but I am so proud of you and what you are doing.  Thank you for working so hard for us and for making such a wonderful life for us.  I am looking forward to this next chapter.
Randi

No comments: