Ok, so you would think that since it's on a pan, it must be something edible, right?! Wrong!! It is an oven mitt that didn't even go into the oven. It went in the drawer under the oven, you know the one to store extra pans in...if you have an electric stove!! If you have a gas stove (like we do), things like rubber and wooden handled things should NOT go in that drawer. I had stacked two pans on top of each other with an oven mitt in between them and put them in that "drawer". Tim decided while I was at work to heat up the oven to make something and the whole house filled with the horrid smell of burning rubber. And that marvelous smell did not leave our house for a good 3 days! Unfortunately, I cannot say this is the first time I did this. The last time I had stored our grill spatula in the drawer and the wooden handle on it actually caught fire. Finally, after this happening twice (ok, three times!), I decided to take everything out of it. You know what I found? A removable piece of metal with the words "Not for storage" underneath! Now they tell me!!
Go ahead, start guessing! And there will be extra points for whoever can guess the story that went along with it!!