Saturday, September 1, 2012

Six Months!


My littlest man,

I really can't believe you are 6 months old!  You are half a year old!  I guess I better start planning your first birthday party, huh?  :-)

You are amazing us every day with your sweet personality and your constant changes.  You have been rolling for a few months now, but this month you mastered sitting all by yourself.  Although you usually end up falling after about 5 minutes, we are surprised at how quickly it seems that you mastered it.  You love to touch our faces.  It's so sweet how you will stroke our cheek and noses.  Anything on your brother that you can reach, you grab onto.  Robby always thinks it's funny.  We've been bathing you both at the same time and both of you think it's the best!  You are a bath lover, staying in for up to 20 minutes.  I know you would stay in there longer if we would let you.  Your favorite bath time activity is chewing on your brother's foam letters and numbers.  He likes to help you reach them by piling them all around you.

You love your feet.  Any chance you can, you grab on to them.  Also, you are quite the loud little thing!  You don't just jabber quietly like Robby did.  You YELL your jabber!  It gets to the point that your daddy and I can't hear anything over you!  We just have to sit back and laugh while we wait for you to finish talking.  At times, I think that your upset but when I look at you, I realize that you are just talking really loudly!  I am proud to say, you say "Ma-ma" all the time.  I'm glad you do because your brother said "Da-da" first!  You do NOT like to be left alone in a room and you are sure to let me know.  Once someone walks back in the room and you see them, you're just fine!  You are beginning to crawl.  Most of the time you are just up on your hands and knees rocking back and forth but several times you have put your knees in motion and crawled forward.  I kind of wondered if you would be a later crawler because you are so skilled at rolling.  Anywhere that you want to go, you roll or scoot there.  It's so cute to see you trying to get closer to me or your brother.

You are an excellent sleeper, even better than your brother was, if you can believe that!  You go to bed around 6:30 and sleep until about 7:30.  You are taking a 6oz bottle about every 3-4 hours during the day.  In between bottles, you eat oatmeal cereal, rice cereal, and various fruit and veggie baby foods.  I can't tell if you have a favorite food because you devour everything we put in front of you!  I decided to introduce you to a sippy cup about a week early just to see what you would do with it.  Well, you took right to it.  You knew just how to hold it, put it in your mouth, and drink from it.  I was a tad shocked!  You are wearing 6 month shirts, 6-9 month onesies, and 0-3 month shorts.  You are long but skinny and the 0-3 month shorts are the only ones that will stay around your waist!  When you are in disposable diapers, you wear size 2 but we will probably get you size 3 this next time.  I can't wait to see your stats in a few weeks when we have your 6 month check up.

You are beginning to crawl.  Most of the time you are just up on your hands and knees rocking back and forth but several times you have put your knees in motion and crawled forward.  I kind of wondered if you would be a later crawler because you are so skilled at rolling.  Anywhere that you want to go, you roll or scoot there.  It's so cute to see you trying to get closer to me or your brother.  I can see the outline of your two bottom teeth.  It's just a matter of time before they break through.  You haven't been fussy or had any changes in appetite or sleep, so I'm hopeful that you will be a great teether like your brother. 

You are so happy, sweet boy!  I can't get enough of your big eyes and precious smile.  You love to hold my fingers and just stare at me.  You have the sweetest laugh!  Whenever someone talks to you, you get the biggest, open mouthed grin on your face and just start making all kinds of noises!

Thank you for being such a perfect boy!  Your daddy and I love you more than we ever thought possible!

Mommy

No comments: