Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Big Day for the Little Man!

Today was Robby's first day of Kid's Day Out!  He is going two days a week from 8:30-12:30.  I had quite a bit of a hard time last night and early this morning, but when it came to drop him off, I was good!  It helped that he walked right in and just started exploring and playing.  I think it's hard for me just knowing he's old enough to do something by himself and not need me.  But, that's one of the main points of parenting, isn't it?
 Everything all set out the night before
My mom sent a note in my lunch EVERY day I was in school.  I am going to do the same thing, but since Robby can't read yet, I have made these little cards with pictures of each family member (extended, as well) and am going to change them out each day.  I thought it might be fun for him to see a familiar face at lunch time!
 The big day!
 He was really enjoying the sign!

 Mommy putting on her brave face!  :-)
The big boy needed a little help down the step!  
 He looks so big!

 Showing me his "backback" with a "Kaikai" on it!
We're here!
When we walked in the room, his teacher pointed out Robby's backpack and how it fit in perfectly with their room because they are the monkeys!  How perfect!  I pointed out Robby's little monkey cubby and we put his backpack in it.  I tapped on his name and he went to the other cubbies and tapped on the monkeys!
 He found himself a chair and climbed right up.

His teacher got him a puzzle and he started playing!  We slipped out and watched for a quick second through the window.  Robby never even looked back!

I ran a few errands after we dropped him off then Charlie and I headed home.  I'm really going to enjoy some one-on-one time with Charlie!  When I picked him up he was so excited.  On his sheet it said he was happy and sweet all day.  That's my boy!  When we got home he conked out and took over a 3 hour nap!

1 comment:

Catie said...

Sooooooo cute!!! I love the picture of him on the porch. I'm going to have to get to planning for Gus! I'm so glad it was a good experience for all of you :)