Friday, January 7, 2011

37/38 weeks

I think it is pretty obvious from the pictures that in week 37 I had a cold and was exhausted and in week 38 I have been feeling much better!
37 Weeks
 38 Weeks
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of Baby: 19-22 inches and 7 pounds, about the size of a watermelon! (I don't know how accurate that is, because at my last appointment on Monday I was measuring around 36 weeks)

Maternity Clothes: yes, although I am still surprised by how many tops I am able to fit into that were shirts I wore before!
Gender: precious boy!
Movement: He still enjoys sticking his foot out and poking me in my right side.  I'm going to miss those sweet little movements!
Sleep: I sleep pretty well, other than waking up a few times.  I am glad Tim doesn't mind me leaning on him while he sleeps because it kind of gives me the feeling of sleeping on my back.
Symptoms: Pretty much the same symptoms I was having last week (numb hands, some back pain, and swollen hands and feet)
Food Cravings/Aversions: I will eat anything!
What I am Looking Forward To: The birth!  We were talking with some friends a couple of weeks ago and they asked if I was scared or nervous about the delivery.  It's funny because not once have I thought about the birth and been scared.  I'm actually really excited and ready to experience it.  I can't wait to meet, hold, and love on our sweet boy!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Any day now! How exciting. Can't wait to see pictures! And not to scare you, but you should be a little afraid of labor (maybe not if you are planning on getting an epidural, I didn't have one, so I don't know what that's like). I guess I just had the same opinion and it was WAY harder/more painful than I thought it would be. Haha. That's probably a horrible thing to post on your blog. I just think that it's good to have an accurate perception. Needless to say it wasn't so bad that I don't want to have another one. I'm already forgetting. Maybe in a year or two I'll want to go natural again! ha.

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

Haha! I'm not having an epidural, and I know it will be very painful. I'm just so excited to get to the other side that I'm ready to go through it. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for not getting one, but it is really what Tim and I want for our birth experience. The scary thing is that we haven't had any classes or anything specifically on natural childbirth. I've read some things but other than that we are just going to have to figure it out as we go and I hope Tim will be able to coach me through it! The epidural rate at the hospital where I'm delivering is 95% so the nurses don't have a ton of experience with all natural births but I think everything will go just fine! I know it is the hardest thing I will physically ever do, but if I can do this I feel like I can do anything!

sarah beth hawk said...

I can't wait to hear all about your labor & delivery (you had better write about it!), I am even more intrigued by natural childbirth since I didn't get to experience it. I will be praying that everything goes just right for you three!