Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh my, I did it again didn't I?  I didn't realize it had been 5 months since my last post.  That is really sad!  Well, most of the people who read this have facebook and kind of know what has been happening during this time that I've been AWOL, so here is the last several months in bullet points! (I've been dreading the long, drawn out "I'm back" post.  So if I can just get through this one, I'll be much better about posting regularly.)
  • February - I turned 25.  Yes, I feel old.  By the age of 25, my mom had already had all the kids she was going to have.  In case you haven't picked up on it, I've produced no children.  I feel quite behind, even though Tim says I shouldn't! 
  • March (get ready for it, it's a doozy!) - My car got stolen.  Yes, my car we bought less than a year before was stolen from out of our driveway.  Nevermind the fact I left the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition!  But really, I had done this all winter.  I would start my car to warm it up, run inside to do a few things and get my stuff then leave.  Well, this morning I was running late and I turned it on and ran in just to grab my purse and tell Tim I was leaving, I went outside and it was gone!!!  Let me tell you, that was a WEIRD feeling.
  • Later in March - The police find my car in the parking lot of some abandoned apartments.  The people who stole it did not take the brand new tires we had just put on it or my pink umbrella, but they took everything else.  My beloved Garmin, the 10 water bottles I had just put in the car the morning it was stolen, my reusable Target shopping bags, the air mattress that was still in the trunk from my birthday weekend when we were in Arkansas, the OWNER'S MANUAL, and all of our insurance/tire warranty paperwork and various cords.  I immediately decide we are going to sell the car and I'm going to get something else.  (After praying about it, we realized that would be an unwise decision since we owe more on it than it's worth...)  Oh, and since my keys were in the ignition, they had our house key, my work key, our friend's apartment key, and my only key fob (remember, the other one was flushed down the toilet on New Year's Eve!). So we had to change our locks, the Doctor had to change his locks (because he was convinced I was being stalked and they would come break in the office for allergy medication!!) and we had to buy another key fob...and those aren't cheap.  I sure know how to handle my keys!
  • April - We go on our annual California trip for Spring Break.  We had a great time and were able to spend an entire week out there instead of just several days like last year.  Thankfully my car was found before this trip or I wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.
  • Mid April - My sister-in-law (Tim's brother's wife) needed someone to help take care of her the kiddos and help with the cleaning and cooking while she recovered from shoulder surgery.  I thought, what the heck, I'll ask the Doctor if I can take off two months without pay and still come back to my job after that.  He said yes (I think I asked him on a good day!!). 
  • End of April - We meet my parents in OKC to give the CR-V back to them (Oh, the day my car got stolen I was convinced I would never see it again, so my parents met us in OKC that night and let us borrow my uncle's CR-V that they are keeping for him.)  Then we made the trek to Dallas for me to start my job as a nanny/cook/maid!  
  • May - I've loved being able to help with the kids.  I feel like I'm making some great memories with them and I love to have a part in their lives.  I'm so glad Willy and Darlene gave me the chance to do this.  They've been great!  I don't think I would do well with having someone in my house for a long time, but they are being wonderful!  They understand my need to escape to the beautiful aisles of the Super Target with a large Diet Coke and a bag of popcorn.  I'm sure the workers there wonder why I'm there so often!  But Target just makes me smile!!  It has been a lot to get used to.  My nephew is quite the talker...from the minute he wakes up (I have NO IDEA who else did that as a child...Mom, do not make any comments on here!!)  But we have some sweet times that I hope he always remembers.  My niece is the cutest thing that has ever been on this earth!  I can't get over it.  When I would pick her up at preschool, I would stand in the doorway of the class and she would say "That's my Randi".  Yes, I had to mop up my melted heart off the floor!!
Well, that brings us to June.  I will do better at posting.  So many funny things happen throughout the day, I have plenty of material!!

Love,
The old, childless, 25 year old!!

5 comments:

Brian and Michelle said...

Oh Randi--you crack me up! Well to make you feel better--I turn 27 this year (October) and I have no children! We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and let me you we have made so many good memories and have so enjoyed our time alone together--you will never get that back so enjoy it while you can! Of course we do want kids (I want 4 actually). Most of my friends my age already have 2 kids and sometimes I feel behind but God has his own special plan for us! I know you know that but I've felt the way you are feeling before. Time flies so enjoy it while you can! Maybe one day we will run into eachother in AR. =)

AliciaG said...

Hey Randi! I am so glad to get an updated blog on you. I can just visualize all of this going on with you. What an eventful 1st half of year. Hey don't get all down about not having any kids yet. Norman and I were married for 5 1/2 years before we had Alison. I was 27 when I had her and 29 when I had Andrea. So, you still have plenty of time! Enjoy the time that you and Tim have now that he is out of school.

Anonymous said...

Randi,
I am sooo glad you finally updated! I do hope you'll continue to update your blog regularly! I always enjoy reading your posts and I'm glad your back at it! You've had quite an eventful few months! We both have! It's good to hear from you again!
Amanda

Andrea said...

LOL...i just love you to death. Try being 28 in a week(which is closer to 30 than to 25), with a 7 year old daughter entering 2nd grade, divorced, and relationshipless for 99% of the last 5 years, with a 10 year high school reunion in a little over a month, a back that hurts every time you move, and a memory that is pretty much not here anymore...THAT's old! ;) You're young and beautiful and getting to live your life how you want to and up and go as you please...so enjoy it!! :) And i'm glad you're gonna blog more often...i always laugh at your blogs!

Kelly said...

Randi, you are doing fine! I wasn't even married at the age you are now!! You have plenty of time enjoy it.