- February - I turned 25. Yes, I feel old. By the age of 25, my mom had already had all the kids she was going to have. In case you haven't picked up on it, I've produced no children. I feel quite behind, even though Tim says I shouldn't!
- March (get ready for it, it's a doozy!) - My car got stolen. Yes, my car we bought less than a year before was stolen from out of our driveway. Nevermind the fact I left the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition! But really, I had done this all winter. I would start my car to warm it up, run inside to do a few things and get my stuff then leave. Well, this morning I was running late and I turned it on and ran in just to grab my purse and tell Tim I was leaving, I went outside and it was gone!!! Let me tell you, that was a WEIRD feeling.
- Later in March - The police find my car in the parking lot of some abandoned apartments. The people who stole it did not take the brand new tires we had just put on it or my pink umbrella, but they took everything else. My beloved Garmin, the 10 water bottles I had just put in the car the morning it was stolen, my reusable Target shopping bags, the air mattress that was still in the trunk from my birthday weekend when we were in Arkansas, the OWNER'S MANUAL, and all of our insurance/tire warranty paperwork and various cords. I immediately decide we are going to sell the car and I'm going to get something else. (After praying about it, we realized that would be an unwise decision since we owe more on it than it's worth...) Oh, and since my keys were in the ignition, they had our house key, my work key, our friend's apartment key, and my only key fob (remember, the other one was flushed down the toilet on New Year's Eve!). So we had to change our locks, the Doctor had to change his locks (because he was convinced I was being stalked and they would come break in the office for allergy medication!!) and we had to buy another key fob...and those aren't cheap. I sure know how to handle my keys!
- April - We go on our annual California trip for Spring Break. We had a great time and were able to spend an entire week out there instead of just several days like last year. Thankfully my car was found before this trip or I wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.
- Mid April - My sister-in-law (Tim's brother's wife) needed someone to help take care of her the kiddos and help with the cleaning and cooking while she recovered from shoulder surgery. I thought, what the heck, I'll ask the Doctor if I can take off two months without pay and still come back to my job after that. He said yes (I think I asked him on a good day!!).
- End of April - We meet my parents in OKC to give the CR-V back to them (Oh, the day my car got stolen I was convinced I would never see it again, so my parents met us in OKC that night and let us borrow my uncle's CR-V that they are keeping for him.) Then we made the trek to Dallas for me to start my job as a nanny/cook/maid!
- May - I've loved being able to help with the kids. I feel like I'm making some great memories with them and I love to have a part in their lives. I'm so glad Willy and Darlene gave me the chance to do this. They've been great! I don't think I would do well with having someone in my house for a long time, but they are being wonderful! They understand my need to escape to the beautiful aisles of the Super Target with a large Diet Coke and a bag of popcorn. I'm sure the workers there wonder why I'm there so often! But Target just makes me smile!! It has been a lot to get used to. My nephew is quite the talker...from the minute he wakes up (I have NO IDEA who else did that as a child...Mom, do not make any comments on here!!) But we have some sweet times that I hope he always remembers. My niece is the cutest thing that has ever been on this earth! I can't get over it. When I would pick her up at preschool, I would stand in the doorway of the class and she would say "That's my Randi". Yes, I had to mop up my melted heart off the floor!!
Well, that brings us to June. I will do better at posting. So many funny things happen throughout the day, I have plenty of material!!
The old, childless, 25 year old!!