Tuesday, December 6, 2011

27 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: 16 inches, 2.5 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower)
Maternity Clothes: Yessiree!
Movement: Still a ton of movement.  I remember Robby taking breaks throughout the day (naps, if you will) but Charlie is moving all day long.  I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me with him!  He actually flipped this week.  I had been feeling all of his kicks up high (meaning he was head down) but, starting a few days ago, I've been feeling his kicks very, very low.  
Sleep: I finally found a way to sleep that is somewhat comfortable, so I've been sleeping a little better.  I still wake up exhausted most days, but I am actually sleeping so that's good.
Symptoms:  I'm in quite a bit of pain.  I've had several bouts of BH contractions as well as cramping.  I'm drinking a ton of water to keep them at bay.  My hips and back are giving me some trouble, too.  I just keep telling myself that it's only about 10 weeks longer, probably!
Food cravings/aversions:  I want pasta and pizza.  Badly!  I have craved carbs more this time than the last.  But I love carbs under any circumstance!  :-)
What I am looking forward to: I start going to my doctor appointments every two weeks starting with my next appointment.  It means we're coming down the home stretch!  Also, I touched on my birth plan with my doctor today at my appointment.  She's happy with everything that I'm thinking.  I asked if they would send me home if I'm in labor but not to a certain point (like they did in Amarillo) because I was nervous they would send me home and I would have Charlie in the car on the way back up to the hospital (San Antonio is just a tad bigger than Amarillo and it takes longer to get back and forth than it did there!). She said they wouldn't.  So that made me feel good!  

No comments: