Monday, July 30, 2007

What a week!

Boy, has this week been a doozy! Tim and I are playing softball for our church, so last Sunday was the first set of games. We had two games and nice red faces at the end! Throughout this week, I have been finding little puppy teeth throughout the house. Annie was almost completely toothless on the bottom part of her mouth one day, but then by the next she had two big girl teeth growing into the front section! I think she is probably losing them faster because Leo plays a little rough when they play tug-of-war!

Thursday night I lost my contact down the drain while I was cleaning it. I have had these contacts for over 11 years and this is the first time I have ever done that. It has always been a fear of mine, but it has never happened. The problem is that our drain doesn't close, so I just have to be sure to hold onto them well enough, but I didn't this time! And, they are hard contacts, so they will be quite expensive to replace. Thankfully, I was able to get an appointment with my lifelong eye doctor for the one weekday we will be in Little Rock and they should be able to have a set made for me by that afternoon!

On Monday, I noticed that I had a spot on my left pointer finger that was red and swollen, close to my cuticle. I just assumed I had a hangnail and it was healing. Then, by Wednesday, it was very swollen and sensitive to touch. By Saturday night, it was so swollen and hurt so much that I could not even write or use my finger for anything. We decided that we would go to the critical care center Sunday morning to have the doctor check on it. We went and he had to slice it open and "relieve" it. Thankfully, the deadening medicine worked very well and I felt no pain or pressure. I just looked away and let Tim watch! He gave me an antibiotic, but by mid-afternoon yesterday I was in quite a bit of pain, so Tim called and the doctor called in some Vicodin for me. Needless to say, I went to bed at 6 last night and did not wake up until after 8 this morning! I am very sensitive to medicine like that! I am in a little pain this morning, but not as much as yesterday. I'm just glad it's over!

Tim has been working hard, as usual. He's trying to get as many hours in the next three days as he can since we are leaving on Thursday to be gone for 10 days! Other than that, his men's league softball team had their first game this week. They won one and lost one. I think he enjoys getting out there and having some sort of male competition, as opposed to the co-ed league we play in for church!

I guess that is all for now! I need to get some things picked up around here since I didn't really do anything yesterday...it's hard when you can't use all of your fingers!

Randi

No comments: